Wednesday, 4 August 2010

Coronation Street - filming with Debbie Travis

About 12 years ago (maybe more) I got a call from a tour guide who was looking after a group of Canadian Coronation Street fans and was wanting to bring them to my place of work.  At the time I was working at the Coliseum Theatre in Oldham where many of the Corrie stars had appeared early in their careers.  As it happened, Malcolm Hebden, who plays Norris, was working with us and Kenneth Alan Taylor, who ran the theatre, had played brewery boss Cecil Newton.  Anyway, to cut a long story short, I arranged for the group to visit, meet Kenneth and Malcolm, and watch a play.  Little did I know then that within a few short years I would have taken over as the guide (I didn't force the previous one out, honest!) and now I'm the one ringing people and asking them to open up locations specially for us.  I've now taken hundreds of British, Canadian and New Zealand fans on tours around some of the famous off-set locations (generally, the studio sets are not open to the public) including the Red Rec, canal, church etc etc.  This year I even got to film with Canadian TV host Debbie Travis for a CBC 50th anniversary documentary to be aired in December.
I can either do a one or two day coach tour, a Manchester city centre walking tour lasting about two hours, or I do a talk about Coronation Street's history which I give for groups such as WIs, at libraries and so on.  For any enquiries contact volcano.associates@ukonline.co.uk
The tours and talks are not endorsed by Granada TV or ITV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.