Tuesday, 19 October 2010

Tinsel and Cobbles

I'm just back from what should have been a great trip to the US and Canada for the fall (New York, Boston, Rhode Island, St John, Halifax, Quebec, St John's).  Sadly the weather was pretty dreadful ... so it's was good rather than great!  My favourite was Halifax, where Corrie fan Mike Shacklock took me on a great tour!  However, I'm now back to work with lots of Corrie things to do and lots of Christmas things also.

I was at Granada the other day where I spotted a tram incongruously balanced on top of Stage One.  Many of the cast (past and present) were popping in to film bits for a tribute show to Bill Tarmey (to be aired on the day his final episodes get shown, which I think is Nov 8th) and for the show looking at the 50 'best' scenes/stories to be broadcast for the anniversary.  Incidentally, I am currently reading Bill's book and it's very good.

Over the next few weeks I'm involved in the following events, which I hope to see some of you at:

Tonight - Tue 19 Oct, 6.30pm: Oldham Local Studies Library, Union St, Oldham.  Talk on Coronation St (£2 admission)
Wed 27 Oct, 10am.  A day touring some Corrie locations.  £15 each.  Organised by the Oldham Chronicle newspaper and leaving from their offices on Union St, Oldham.  Call 0161 633 2121 or visit http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/ to book.  I believe there are still places to be had!
Sat 6 Nov, 12.45.  I'm donning a white beard and playing a role (guess who!) in Santa's Real Reindeer Parade in Oldham town centre.  This is my 11th year - and it's always something I look forward to.  The parade includes marching bands, panto characters, Sportacus and lots more - plus the real reindeer of course!
Sun 21 Nov, 4.20pm.  I'm hosting Oldham's Christmas Lights Switch-On and Fireworks.  They really are very good - and it's free!  Peppa Pig will be pressing the button at about 5pm.  See http://www.visitoldham.co.uk/ for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.