Saturday, 8 January 2011

Happy New Year! - 2011 diary dates

Whatever you did over Christmas, I hope you had a great time.  I'm just back from a cruise around the Canaries, where it was 60 degrees warmer.  In the run up to Christmas I was very busy - hosting events, staging events and of course, doing quite a few interviews about the 50th anniversary of Coronation Street.



Filming at the Lowry for the CBC
'Corrie Crazy' show
 I can now announce that I will be tour guiding for the following Corrie holidays:
Coronation Travel: This takes place in May out of eastern Canada and is a tour of the UK which includes a couple of days in Manchester.  I will be with the group for two days, which will include a visit to several Corrie locations and a visit to the studios themselves.  http://www.coronationtravel.com/
CAA: Also in May, and out of eastern Canada, this tour takes in much of Britain and includes a couple of days with me.  We'll visit some locations and the studios.  There's also a Corrie dinner with mystery guest. www.atlantic.caa.ca/travel
Kemptville Travel: This is the longest running Corrie tour and takes place in September.  I'll be with the group for four days and we'll visit Chester, several Corrie locations, enjoy great fish and chips, do some shopping, see some of the Yorkshire and Lancashire villages, visit the studios and enjoy a gala dinner with mystery guest. http://www.kemptvilletravel.com/

I will also be speaking at the World Book Day event entitled 'Between the Covers' at Oldham Central Library in Greater Manchester on 5 March between 6 and 8.30pm.   I'm also talking about Corrie at Stalybridge WI on 4 July and at Failsworth Historical Society on 5 October, both in Greater Manchester.  Email me if you require more information on any of these.

Private Tours, Talks etc:
If you are coming to Manchester and would like to book me for a walking tour of Manchester city centre (I talk about the history of the city, Granada and of course, Coronation Street) lasting an hour or two, then do get in touch.  I'm happy to do them for one person or up to twenty people.  I am also able to arrange transport if you would like a longer tour visiting locations.
I have a one-hour talk on the history of Corrie and everything which goes into making it and I'm happy to travel anywhere within the UK.  Again, if you'd like to know more please email me.

My business email address is: mark.llewellin187@btinternet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.